Commissioned by the Coastal Craft Division of the U.S. Bureau of Ships, Peterson Boat Works (now Palmer-Johnson) constructed 17 of these submarine chasers in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin during World War II. Completed between 1942 and 1944, their mission was to hunt and destroy enemy submarines. To that end they were equipped with that era's best detection and firing devices. Primarily constructed of wood, they had watertight steel bulkheads, engine foundations and fuel tanks. Fitted with two 1200 h.p. lightweight diesel engines and carrying crews of 27 men, these vessels were fast and deadly. Allied shipping all over the world was protected by these subchasers. Model build by Quincy Adams Yacht Yard. Scale 3/8" = 1'